• Discrete "Zoom" Used in 2001: A Space Odyssey

    5 monthes ago - By Movies Stack Exchange

    There is a "zoom" where a series of short clips, each one getting closer to the subject, are shown in quick succession. I've seen it in a number of movies and in possibly more than one Kubrick film.
    Here it is in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    Does this technique have a name?
    Read more ...